In this article, we will do a Upstox Demat Account Review, Upstox a Discount Broker with whom you can open a trading & Demat Account for free (Keep Reading till the end)
Upstox (Earlier Known as RKSV Securities) is a Discount Broker who offers Discount Broker services and is Suitable for Investors & Traders looking for Low Brokerages & Decent Trading Platform. Upstox has Zero Charges for Equity Delivery, Flat Rs.20 or 0.01% of Turnover Whichever is Lower for Equity Intraday & Flat Rs.20 for Equity Options.
Upstox Introduction & Background
Upstox is a low-cost Discount Broking firm providing Trading & other Investment Related Services at an unbelievable price. Company provide trading on Platforms such as Equity, Currency, Commodities, Derivatives & Futures & Options.
Upstox formerly called RKSV Securities, the firm was founded as a proprietary trading firm in 2008 and entered the retail brokerage space in 2012. The firm has so far raised a total of $4 million in funding. The brokerage firm funded by Ratan Tata, Kalaari Capital and GVK Davix, says its strong technology-heavy model to provide brokerage services at the lowest cost has taken the company to profitability.
Upstox has its Upstox Pro Web & Upstox Pro Mobile Platforms which offer Trading, Analysis, Charting and many more features on its App & Website. Upstox provides trading facilities on the go & its mobile app makes it easy to place orders on the App and the Website.
Upstox Demat Account Review – Brokerage Charges
|Equity Intraday||Lower of Rs.20 or 0.01% of Turnover per Order|
|Equity Futures||Lower of Rs.20 or 0.01% of Turnover per Order|
|Equity Options||Flat Rs.20 per Order|
|Currency||Lower of Rs.20 or 0.01% of Turnover per Order|
|Commodity||Lower of Rs.20 or 0.01% of Turnover per Order|
Account Opening Charges & Annual Charges
Account Opening Charges for For NSE & BSE Segments – Rs.150
Account Opening Charges for MCX – Rs.150
Annual Maintenance Charges – Rs.150 p.a.
(Note:- You can open a Demat Account for free Just Keep Reading till the end.)
Upstox’s Trading Platforms
Upstox has most Powerful & easy to use HTML based trading platform. With Upstox Pro Desktop & Pro Web App you can Analyse Market Smartly.
You can Place Covering Orders & Bracket Orders with the App.
POWERFUL CHARTS – Upstox provides you with the best charting tools to spot market trends and make informed decisions.
INDICATORS – You can customize your charts with 100+ indicators and become a truly pro trader.
ONE CLICK TRADE – You can Buy and sell during high volatility without skipping a beat! Just pre-set your order preferences & quickly get in and out of trades
OTHER FEATURES – Delightful Experience, Set up your workspaces the way you want! Neatly shuffle around your trading systems, Make the platform work for you in your unique trading style with the widget’s features.
Upstox Demat Account Review – Brokerage Plans
Upstox Offers Two Brokerage Plans to its customers. Basic Plan & Priority Plan. In Basic Plan, you get 20x Leverage at Cost of Rs.20 Per Order & for Priority Plan you can leverage up to 25x leverage on at Cost of Rs.30 Per Order. Let us Compare both the Plans in Detail.
Exposure Margin on Intraday Orders
|Index Option Sell||3X||4X|
|Stock Option Sell||3X||4X|
Exposure Margin on CO/OCO Orders
|NSE Option Buy||1.33X||2X|
|Index Option Sell||3X||4X|
|Stock Option Sell||3X||3X|
Upstox Hidden Charges / Other Charges
1) Physical Contract Notes – Rs.25 per Contract Note Plus Actual Courier Charges (Digital Contract Notes are free)
2) Instant Money Transfer Fee: ₹7 per transfer for Net Banking & Free Fund Transfer Using UPI.
3) Transaction charges (Market/Off Market / Inter-depository Transactions) – Rs. 13 + ₹5.50 (CDSL charges) per scrip + 18% GST
4) Cheque Bounce Charges – Charges applied based on charges as determined by bankers.
Upstox Pros & Cons
1) Customer does not have to pay for Equity Delivery, Customer has free trading in delivery Segment
2) Mobile Trading App is Available for both IOS & Android
3) AMO/CO/BO/OCO Orders can be executed from Both Web & Mobile
4) Upstox Offers Multiple 100+ Indicators to Monitor Markets.
5) Huge Margin to Trade (Both in Basic & Priority Plans)
6) Upstox Mutual Fund Platform allows you to Invest in Mutual Fund via App or Mobile, Clients can choose from Both Lumpsum or SIP Method of Investing.
Also Read – Different Ways to Invest in Mutual Funds
1) You can Invest in IPO/NFO/Bonds/NCD from Upstox (You can only Invest via ASBA)
2) 24/7 Customer Service is not available.
3)Call & Trade Fee is Charged at Rs.20 per Order (Brokerage Extra of Rs.20)
4) Whenever you Sell is a Scrip from Holdings Demat Debit Charges of Rs.21.83 are Charged which is higher compared to other Brokerages who charges Rs.15.93 per debit transaction.
Thank You to each & everyone who has read the Upstox Demat Account Review till the end. If you want to open a Demat Account for free (Which would generally Cost Rs.300 Upfront) just need to Click the Link Here. This Would take you to Upstox Account Opening Page Where you can Open a Demat Account for free.
If you want a Detailed Step by Step article on How to Open a Demat Account with Upstox – Click Here
If you have any questions or having any Problems in Opening Demat Account do let us know in the Comments Section Below & We would be happy to help.